I love doing projects that mobilize and connect the Diabetes Online Community. After Diabetes Art Day was such a wonderful success in September, I started to think about what kind of project I could do next, and the idea came to me last weekend: The World Diabetes Postcard Exchange!
Here are the rules:
1) Email your POSTAL address to me: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be matched with an adult, child or family, another type 1 or type 2, or if you are a type 3, spouse, sibling or parent, please indicate that. I will do my best to match you with someone who is similar. Otherwise, your assigned buddy will be random, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing! We’re sending postcards through the mail, so I need your snail mail address.
2) Expect to receive an email with the name and address of your postcard recipient around mid-October.
3) Use the WDD Blue Circle and all the creativity you can fit on a 3.5”x5” piece of cardstock.
4) On the back of the postcard, complete this mini D meme, in addition to anything else you’d like to share with your recipient:
Where you live:
Your connection to diabetes:
Type of diabetes:
Year of diagnosis:
One thing you do to Act On Diabetes:
5) Mail it, ideally in time for the recipient to receive it by Nov. 14. If you’re unable to do that, please at least have it postmarked by Nov. 14.
6) Check your mailbox for a postcard from the person who was assigned your name and address.
7) If you like, post a photo of the postcard you receive on the World Diabetes Day Postcard Exchange Facebook page.
Please join this project, and help make it awesome! We haven't had many people with type 2 diabetes register, so I'm hoping the dLife community can help change that. Make new friends, get a cool piece of Real Mail (as opposed to junk and bills!), and celebrate World Diabetes Day! For more info, please visit my blog post at The Butter Compartment.